piping plover, shore bird





Often times I like to document moments, but lately I understand even more how precious living in the moment without thinking about documenting is so important. It is natural and slow. However when I see a part of nature that isn't easily remembered - I try to honor it with a photo. 
This little piping plover runs fast with it's tiny little legs, it is considered endangered and threatened. Families of these plovers can be found on some beaches on the East coast. They like to live in higher areas near the water and rocks. They are so tiny and fast you may even miss them while walking on the beach if your eyes aren't great. Piping plovers migrate from their northern grounds in the summer to the south during winter. Their breeding grounds can be found extending from lower Newfoundland south to the upper areas of South Carolina. The piping plover babies are fuzzy and beautiful as well. However, try not to disturb a breeding ground and observe these lovely swift birds from a distance.
I have been working with some special fabrics for a wonderful client on an island off the coast of Maine. The fabric that I have designed has the salmon color of the piping plover's legs and beak. I am working on special tassels for one of the pillows. Would you like to see any photos of when I make these pillows? Your journey is unique to you, savor it, and enjoy the small moments.

you might also like

Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suzanne Luby Ahrens