Cupcake Cosmos in my "Kitchen Garden"






In January 2022 I selected seeds for our garden. After years of trying to grow from seed and failing - I learned from Carol and Monty on Gardeners' World out of the UK how it is very important for the survival of your young seedlings to prick them out with their roots intact and pot them up into individual pots or plugs with rich garden compost. A true revelation for me as a gardener. Pictured here is one of my very special cupcake cosmos - thriving in my garden on July 12, 2022. If you dead head the spent blossoms cosmos continues on - blossoming constantly - adding color and flower as herbaceous perennials have their time to shine around them. Pictured underneath this white cupcake cosmos is a mysterious squash that seeded itself on the edge of my "kitchen garden" - named for its location outside my kitchen windows. 
Shop our Garden, Home, Fashion Textiles and Fine Art Watercolors. https://verdecosi.com 

you might also like

Plant Discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suzanne Luby Ahrens