Growing calamondin citrus in New England









I've had my Calamondin miniature orange for many years now. The plant has grown rather large - the fruit is a little smaller than a golf ball. It loves a nice hot, dry, direct sun. Calamondin orange plants grow great from spring until early fall outdoors. The blossoms are amazingly fragrant with a sweet smell. Bring your plant indoors in the winter months and keep it near a sunny location - water but not over water. Like most tropicals it will go somewhat dormant in the winter but does not lose all of its leaves. Bees love the blossoms as well. You will find it fascinating to watch the blossoms turn to small oranges. The oranges are very tart but edible. I use them in cooking and baking. Slice the fruit and add to sparkling water as well.

I will be selling my work at Craft Expo in Guilford, CT July 14, 15, and 16th. I will also be selling at School Around Us Craft Show in Kennebunkport, ME July 8th, 2017. 

you might also like

Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suzanne Luby Ahrens